Bobbi Brown Nude on Nude Review

 
I'm a sucker for nude eyeshadow palettes and currently have about 5 of them (including this one). As a fan of Bobbi Brown,  I picked this up at Sephora for $65 before the holidays. Note that this is a separate offering from the Nordstrom exclusive collection that also includes a twist up gel eyeliner and mascara. This includes just the 12-eyeshadow pan with a small card offering tips and a free makeup consultation at the Bobbi Brown counter.

 
 Bobbi Brown created this 12-eyeshadow palette in 3 finishes: matte, sparkle and metallic. The shadows are meant to be buildable so you can customize your look from subtle to dramatic.



The Matte Shadows. Easily the best out of the finishes. These highly-pigmented shadows are great for a base and are buildable so you can achieve the desired intensity. I was disappointed with how invisible the Ivory shade looked on my skin tone.

 
 The Sparkle Shadows.  The sheerest--especially the Graphite shade! These are meant to be layered on top of matte eyeshadows and are intentionally sheer. These are great for a light reflecting effect on the eyes for a night out. I wasn't entirely aware of this so I was initially disappointed with the sheerness. I had to layer on the eyeshadow multiple times before I achieved the intensity below. If you're looking for an intense glitter eyeshadow, opt for the Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eyeshadow ($32 each).

 
The Metallics. The standout shade here is Golden Pink. These are moderately pigmented yet I had to layer it on, even with an eyeshadow primer (I used Benefit's Stay Don't Stray).  


If you're looking for a glitter palette, this isn't it. While the palette is compact enough for traveling, there are other nude palettes out there that deliver more pigmentation and shade options, namely Urban Decay Naked2 Palette for grey and taupe neutrals or the Sonia Kashuk Eye Couture Palettes in Neutral and Shimmer.

Labels: , , ,