Travel Throwback: Paris in the Spring


I love Paris. The fashionable Parisians, the food, the language, the art--even the bus loads of DSLR-clad tourists. Best of all, I love the rich history.

Architectural details of the Notre Dame Cathedral.

It was Spring 2013 and I decided to jet off for the first time to Europe for a week. Armed with my Air Transat ticket and teeny tiny carryon luggage (did I mention I was a master of packing?), I headed off to the City of Light to cross another item off my travel bucket list.

A shot of the Louvre within my last 12 hours in Paris.
After being crammed for 7 hours into a sardine can of a Boeing 737, I finally arrived in Paris. I checked into my hotel, the lovely Les Jardins de la Villa located in the 8th arr., roughly a 13 minute walk from the Arc de Triomphe. It was a charming boutique hotel with a foyer that smelled like fresh flowers. I threw my luggage into the corner and took a well-deserved nap.

The next 4 days were an absolute blur, thanks to my determination to see as much as possible in a limited amount of time. I saw the Mona Lisa at the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower, explored Le Marais, tripped on the cobblestone streets and drank cafe au lait avec lait ecrime. I even met with an expat Canadian photographer who reviewed my portfolio and gave me insightful tips on the industry, from a Parisian perspective.

A little bit of Canada in Paris--The Great Canadian Pub!

I saw what drew Hemingway and so many others to the city of light. The city itself is an inspirational sight with a lively culture. The Parisians are more friendly than the general public sets them out to be and very helpful when it came to directions.

Hope to see you again, Paris.

Labels: