IMATS Toronto 2011


This past Sunday, I attended the International Makeup Artist Trade Show (or IMATS to my beauty cronies) at the Toronto Congress Centre. As my third IMATS Toronto show, I knew which booths I wanted to see and I actually adhered to a budget. Armed with my press pass (thanks to my YouTube channel), Canon T2i, and debit card, I hit the booths!



MAC Pro
The line up here was HUGE but they basically had their full line of products from their foundations to their Mac Pro exclusive products such as the Mac Pro Lipmix. Products were 20% off and you could use your Mac Pro card to get the regular 30-40% discount. Compared to last year (where MAC had less than half their product line) the booth this year was great and had an amazing selection. Back in 2009, Mac wasn't even at IMATS.

Make Up For Ever
As a devotee of MUFE, I was happy to see their booth at the show again this year. It is a bit cumbersome to purchase their products with the MUFE Backstage Card, so it is always a joyous occasion to purchase discounted items at IMATS. Like Mac Pro, their full line (or what was left of it) was at IMATS and I stocked up on false lashes for creatives and bought the MUFE HD Foundation (only $31 each at IMATS....yay!) for the first time (AMAZING!).

Graftobian booth: foundation and concealer palettes.
Velour Lashes - on sale for $20, regualr price is $29.99.
Pari Beauty
Great selection and good deals at this booth. I bought 2 eyeshadow pans for $6 each and a stainless steel palette for $15 for mixing. Andrea, the account manager saw my YouTube press pass and told me about the Toronto Beauty Bloggers events that Pari sometimes sponsors.

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics
The pigmentation of their products can brighten up any beauty shoot. The OCC Lip Tars are a staple in any makeup artist's creative kit and the price isn't too bad at $13 a pop. The Lip Tars were selling for $10 each (less than the Pro Artist discount) and an assortment from their airbrush products were there too.


Embryolisse
The prodigal product of this French-made skincare line, Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre (24-hour miracle cream) was on my absolute must have item on my IMATS list. This booth was surprisingly empty but I wouldn't leave IMATS without getting at least a sample of it. Melissa, the exhibitor at the Embryolisse booth, told me that LG Fashion Week models ask for it, makeup artists swear by it, and it was used as the primer by the Temptu makeup artists. She gave me a sample of the 30ml tube and I love the stuff! It works great as a mositurizer (it miraculously rehydrated my crackly skin on the TTC ride home) but I still felt that I need a silicone based primer to make my foundation last.  Full review to come! It usually costs $14-25. Definitely going into my kit!

Eve Pearl

Eve Pearl was a guest speaker at IMATS yet again and kept an even stream of attendees at her booth with a live demo. Again, there were too many people in line and I was reaching my limit by the time I got to this booth, but the selection and colour range was very good. I have her Blush Trios and Concealers on my wish list for next year.







Labels: